from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Acute nervousness associated with performing or speaking before an audience.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Nervousness experienced on facing an audience, especially for the first time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- Nervousness felt before an audience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable A state of
nervousnessabout performing some action in front of a group of people, on or off of a stage; nerves; uncertainty; a lack of self-assurancebefore an audience.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun fear that affects a person about to face an audience
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
stage + fright
Sorry, no example sentences found.