from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An order or rule held to be in force until specifically changed or withdrawn, especially a regulation relating to military or parliamentary procedure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rule of procedure adopted by a governing body for its own internal use.
- n. A request made once for periodic fulfillment.
- n. Transfer of a fixed amount from one bank account to another at fixed intervals (e.g. monthly bill payment)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. an order for goods which are to be delivered periodically, without the need for renewal of the order before each delivery.
- n. An order not subject to change by an officer temporarily in command.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rule of order permanently in force
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.