from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Increasing in steps or by stages.
- adj. Electricity Serving to increase voltage: a step-up transformer.
- n. An increase in size, amount, or activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That increases in stages
- adj. That increases a voltage
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Transforming or converting a low-voltage current into one of high voltage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In electricity, a transformer or other device for increasing the voltage in an electric circuit.
- Serving to convert a current of lower voltage into one of higher voltage: said specifically of transformers and allied devices.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of increasing something
- v. speed up
- v. make oneself visible; take action
- v. increase in extent or intensity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
And American Range has a "step-up" feature for its 24 -, 30 - and 36-inch ranges: The back burners are elevated for easier access.
Not surprisingly, this series doesn't include any step-up features, including either Smart TV or Smart Hub.
(Comment: I think this solution is undercut because people forget source more easily than they forget content, causing them to step-up the credibility of anonymous allegations over time.) (6) Note the growth of cases against nonmedia defendants.
I'm this point I'm wondering where the next plot step-up is.
But it is Russia and China that are primarily behind the scare-tactic threatening that consensus over Iran would vanish, should the Western countries step-up their pressures on Tehran.
I think that the House and Senate need to step-up as well. patSuffolkNY
He might step-up and call upon those that voted for him soon.
It was just this unbelievable step-up in terms of the amount of work that we had to do and the number of EVAs," said NASA Space Station Flight Director Derek Hassmann."
The step-up GT30 3D plasma series, which replaces last year's GT25 models, will be available in screen sizes ranging from 50 to 65 inches.
Mr. Obama is using a speech tomorrow during his stopover in Australia, America's most consistent ally in the post-WWII period, to announce a phased-in increase in America's permanent military presence in Australia, a step-up in joint exercises with Australian naval forces, and increased access of U.S. naval vessels and aircraft to the port at Darwin, which is beyond the reach of Chinese missiles.