from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to stereoscopy.
- adj. Of or relating to a stereoscope.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to stereoscopy; three-dimensional
- adj. of or relating to the stereoscope
- adj. that is designed to be used by both eyes simultaneously, or that has been obtained by imaging from two viewpoints simultaneously
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the stereoscope; characteristic of, or adapted to, the stereoscope.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling the stereoscope; adapted to the stereoscope; having the form in relief, or proper perspective, as of an object seen in the stereoscope: as, stereoscopic pictures; stereoscopic views.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a stereoscope
- adj. of or relating to stereoscopy
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Perhaps it is caused by the mis-nomer of 3D itself, instead of using the term stereoscopic as we should.
For those wondering what "stereoscopic" is all about, viewing stereoscopic images give an enhanced depth perception.
With Star Wars and Inception returning in stereoscopic vision – and three-dimensional HBO due to launch – is 2D dead?
Today, the US trades confirmed the rumours that George Lucas is to bring his entire six-film Star Wars saga back to the big screen in stereoscopic vision, starting with 1999's The Phantom Menace (because blooming Jar Jar Binks 'fizzog will naturally be infinitely less irritating in three dimensions than it was in two) in 2012.
The adventure saga, envisioned and shot in stereoscopic 3-D, centers on blue-tressed Coraline Jones (Dakota Fanning), a spunky tween.
To have layers of flat images in stereoscopic 3D would truly be 2 1/2 D.
For me, the landforms I see almost daily in stereoscopic air photos are as easy to recognize as friends.
It may well be stereoscopic, and record with two spaced glass eyes, for striking improvements in stereoscopic technique are just around the corner.
Executives at Nokia World in Stuttgart, Germany, unveiled specs for the [...] - We can't say that the idea of stereoscopic displays on cellphones ever really appealed to us
- We can't say that the idea of stereoscopic displays on cellphones ever really appealed to us