from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a strong substantial manner; considerably.
- adv. To a great extent; in essence; essentially.
- adv. Without material qualifications.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a substantial manner; in substance; essentially.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the manner of a substance; with reality of existence; truly; really; effectually.
- In a substantial manner; strongly; solidly.
- In substance; in the main; essentially; by including the material or essential part: as, the two arguments are substantially the same.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a strong substantial way
- adv. to a great extent or degree
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Shall we not then find, that substantially the same style of living that is proper in one latitude and longitude, is proper in another; _substantially_ the same, paying only so much regard to the eyes of the world, as to avoid unnecessary singularity and remark; and that this rule, founded on the principles of the Gospel, makes a proper provision for health, mental cultivation, and
Also alarmingly imprecise is the term "substantially supported."
Rajaratnam's lawyers asked for a term "substantially below" the guidelines range, citing their 54-year-old client's otherwise "exemplary" life and philanthropic efforts, and the "unique constellation of ailments ravaging his body."
The Fed also made what it calls a substantially higher level of loans directly to banks yesterday through its discount window.
Erving defaulted on the mortgage and the home, which he described as "substantially underwater," went into foreclosure.
How else to get a good picture of where a candidate stands - especially when the person has not deviated substantially from the earlier viewpoints ...
The LLEHCPA has been introduced in substantially similar form in each Congress since the 105th Congress in 1999, but has never made it into law.
In Singapore, CapitaLand said, third-quarter earnings booked for two residential projects — The Seafront on Meyer and Latitude — were down substantially from a year earlier.
These are two sides of the same coin, so, even to the extent one is looking to blame one group for where we are, both groups appear to have acted in substantially the same way — which just confirms that this is about larger trends.
Though minted in substantially fewer numbers, 1867 coins have only a modest premium over those from 1866, until the higher mint states.