from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Without a doubt; certainly: very cold indeed; was indeed grateful.
- adv. In fact; in reality: felt sure I'd win, and indeed I did.
- interj. Used to express surprise, skepticism, or irony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. truly; in fact; actually
- adv. In fact.
- interj. indicates emphatic agreement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In reality; in truth; in fact; verily; truly; -- used in a variety of senses. Esp.: (a) Denoting emphasis. (b) Denoting concession or admission. (c) Denoting surprise.
- n. in fact; in truth; verily. See Indeed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In fact; in reality; in truth: used emphatically, or as noting a concession or admission; or interjectionally, as an expression of surprise; or interrogatively, for the purpose of obtaining confirmation: as, do you believe it? yes, indeed; indeed! that is surprising; indeed? I can hardly believe it.
- [Originally written separately as two words, as still when an adjective, as very, qualifies the noun.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. (used as an interjection) an expression of surprise or skepticism or irony etc.
- adv. in truth (often tends to intensify)
_ I am not a slanderer, indeed, _indeed_, I am not; here are proofs: your lordship, I find, is called the Count De Valmont; had you not once a relation of the same title, who fell in battle with the
And when we go to our Lord's Table do we realize that His "_flesh is meat indeed, and His blood is drink indeed_?"
"Centum mille perdrices plumbo confecit;"  that is, indeed, too often the sum of the life of an English lord; much questionable now, if _indeed_ of more value than that of many sparrows.
"Oh, Aunt Marcia," cried Louise before Carl could reply, "they had to do it, indeed, _indeed_ they did!
"It was not Jim, grandpa, indeed, _indeed_, it was not; but oh!
This confirmed that the name indeed came from him since they had received this independently.
If this indeed is the script written by QT, then I must tell you that at its very best, it's little more than a low-brow, un-amusing melodrama about (you guessed it) a girl's revenge.
This indeed is a wonderful reading which I thoroughly enjoyed.
But if this indeed is the end of the line, which Barber didn't dispute, he deemed it appropriate — given that he went out against his longtime NFC East rivals.
Lorelai and Luke come to a new understanding as fans around the world wait to hear if this indeed is the end of the GILMORE GIRLS.