from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A tropical American vine (Ipomoea batatas) having white or violet funnel-shaped flowers, cultivated for its fleshy tuberous usually orange root.
- noun The root of this vine, eaten cooked as a vegetable.
- noun Informal An ocarina.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
sweet potato, under potato.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
tropical perennialAmerican vine, Ipomoea batatas, having a fleshy tuber.
- noun The
tuberof this plant cooked as a vegetable.
- noun US A
yam; a tuber from the genus Dioscorea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun egg-shaped terra cotta wind instrument with a mouthpiece and finger holes
- noun pantropical vine widely cultivated in several varieties for its large sweet tuberous root with orange flesh
- noun the edible tuberous root of the sweet potato vine which is grown widely in warm regions of the United States
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.