from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small terra-cotta or plastic wind instrument with finger holes, a mouthpiece, and an elongated ovoid shape.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woodwind musical instrument that is closed at both sides to produce an enclosed space, and punctured with finger holes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of small simple wind instrument.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A musical instrument, hardly more than a toy, consisting of a fancifully shaped terra-cotta body with a whistle-like mouthpiece and a number of finger-holes. Several different sizes or varieties are made. The tone is soft, but sonorous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. egg-shaped terra cotta wind instrument with a mouthpiece and finger holes
Simpia (UID#225) on October 29th, 2009 at 4: 18 am there was always the minimap on/off in ocarina … totally useful. in every way. i swear. just give it a chance.
On another subject, the ocarina is an easy-to-play, easy-to-learn, easy-to-teach circular flute, and the centre of the UK’s ocarina industry is in
Ängelholm is a pretty southern Swedish town, famed for its clay cuckoo manufacturing, a clay cuckoo being a kind of ocarina, which is a kind of flute.
IPhone Ocarina - When you hear the word "ocarina", what do you think of?
The name "ocarina" itself means as an ancient family of instrument (believed to date some 12,000 years), and one of the easiest instruments to learn.
The sound resolved itself into a peculiar song, one that sounded a lot like it was being played on one of those weird whistles they had for music class" "ocarina" his teacher called them.
By Antonia Cruz Rafael, this ocarina whistle is an ancient art form, oone of many ceramic arts perfected in the Mexico town of Ocumicho, Michoacan
This clay bird can sing the night away if you blow on its tail. By Antonia Cruz Rafael, this ocarina whistle is an ancient art form, oone of many ceramic arts perfected in the Mexico town of Ocumicho, Michoacan © Travis Whitehead, 2009
Give Link an ocarina to play and his street cred increases exponentially.
As was the case with the iPhone, the incredibly creative developer community is going to come up with uses for the iPad that Apple never imagined. iPhone surprisingly became an ocarina; the iPad has already become a pretty decent piano.
Also it doesn't matter that Nintendo tries, they've made the same game over and over again so many times i think people have got sick of it so even if the next zelda does come out people might ignore it because it will probably just be another copy of ocarina of time gameplay.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.