from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A man who operates railroad switches.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun One who has charge of one or more switches on a railway; a pointsman.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun One who tends a switch on a railway.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A person who operates railway switches which route trains onto rail tracks.
  • noun A person whose job is to help in the switching of railcars in a railway yard.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a man who operates railroad switches


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

switch +‎ man



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.