from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Clothes: gardening togs.
- n. A coat or cloak.
- transitive v. To dress or clothe: togged herself in ski pants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cloak.
- n. Clothes.
- n. A unit of thermal resistance, being ten times the temperature difference (in °C) between the two surfaces of a material when the flow of heat is equal to one watt per square metre
- v. To dress.
- abbr. together
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To put toggery, or togs, on; to dress; -- usually with out, implying care, elaborateness, or the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A Middle English form of tug.
- To dress.
- n. A garment: usually in the plural.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. provide with clothes or put clothes on
Most boat captains say they are seeing some of the best numbers of good-sized tautog - also called tog, blackfish and whitechins - along the inshore waters than they have seen in recent years.
The country began to show a few donkeys and large flocks of sheep and goats; the muttons have a fine "tog," and sell for three dollars and a half.
Apparently this "get together" - pretty klugey name, they should call it a "tog" for short - takes place at a physical site called a "brewpub."
If you don't love something you're not going tog the extra mile, work the extra weekend, challenge the status quo as much.
All Seasons 13.5 tog duck feather and down duvets and pillows
Since there are no tog dogs anymore to pick up the pieces, the End Times truly mark the end of everything rather than a new beginning.
“But we had dreams tog …,” I stop, because I can't finish the sentence; I don't want to acknowledge my nightmare.
I've squashed bibliography then you with my little tog ... scoundrel!
Mizolwat - And be sure to clearway up that tog you planning on squashing me with, I can only imagine it's filthy if it resembles the restorer of you.
As long as you sleep in the same room, you can't get away from his snoring and gnashing, but at least with your own duvets it might not matter if the window is open, as you can tog up accordingly.