from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Threefold; triple.
- adj. Of or relating to an astrologically favorable positioning of two celestial bodies 120° apart.
- adj. In astrology, situated 120° apart.
- n. A group of three.
- n. In astrology, the aspect of two planets when 120° apart.
- n. Christianity See Trinity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Triple, threefold.
- adj. Denoting the aspect of two celestial bodies which are 120° apart.
- n. A group of three things.
- n. An aspect of two astrological bodies when 120° apart.
- v. To put in the aspect of a trine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Threefold; triple.
- n. The aspect of planets distant from each other 120 degrees, or one third of the zodiac; trigon.
- n. A triad; trinity.
- transitive v. To put in the aspect of a trine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To step; go; proceed.
- To follow; pursue, as a path or course.
- To touch; handle; feel of.
- Threefold; triple: as, trine dimension (that is, length, breadth, and thickness).
- In astrology, pertaining to a trine; being in trine.
- n. A set or group of three; a trio; a triad.
- n. Specifically, the Trinity.
- n. In astrology, the aspect of two planets distant from each other 120 degrees, or the third part of the zodiac. The trine was supposed to be a benign aspect.
- n. In heraldry, a group of three, especially three animals, used as a bearing.
- To put or join in the aspect of trine.
- To hang: in allusion to the triple tree—that is, the gallows.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
If you want to go further, you can look at the days when the moon makes the easy energetic connection known as the trine to your sun, where you can expect to have things a little easier or the friendly energetic connection known as the sextile.
First, in every thing of which anything can be predicated there is the trine which is called end, cause, and effect, and these three are related to one another according to degrees of height.
From the moment that grand trine appeared in the sky—an equilateral triangle like the great pyramids—it was our turn to clean house.
The chosen dates have the distinction of allegedly marking a planetary alignment with the Sun, Moon and six out of eight planets being "part of the grand trine" whatever that means.
Saturn, 7 Virgo, retrograde: Saturn, who, on this day of January 26, 2008, has domination over Pluto, is applying the favorable aspect of trine to Pluto (and Jupiter!).
Ai jus trine tew maik a funnee pun dere…nawt bean a hater er trollie
U trine tew gib peeps a eerwurm er sunmfing? meow meow meow meow
Mars trine Pluto on the 4th holds a promise of financial opportunity.
Transits by trine across a natal opposition indicate money making opportunities.
Ai was trine tu say, ‘mai neck hurts nao,’ inna wobblee sorta way.