from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exulting in success or victory.
- adj. Victorious; conquering.
- adj. Archaic Triumphal.
- adj. Obsolete Magnificent; splendid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Celebrating victory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rejoicing for victory; triumphing; exultant.
- adj. Celebrating victory; expressive of joy for success.
- adj. Graced with conquest; victorious.
- adj. Of or pertaining to triumph; triumphal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Celebrating victory by a triumph, as a successful Roman general; also, used in, pertaining to, or appropriate to a triumph; triumphal.
- Rejoicing for or as for victory; triumphing; exulting.
- Victorious; successful; graced with conquest.
- Of supreme magnificence and beauty; glorious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. experiencing triumph
- adj. joyful and proud especially because of triumph or success
Hers may not continue to appear as print on paper for much longer, but they will always exist to be read, one word to the next: the word triumphant.
N. Korean Parliament Re-elects Kim Jong-il SEOUL - North Korea re-elected Kim Jong-il as its supreme military leader at its newly seated parliament on Thursday, marking his return to center stage as the country celebrates what it calls a triumphant satellite launch.
North Korea re-elected Kim Jong-il as its supreme military leader at its newly seated parliament yesterday, marking his return to centre stage as the country celebrates what it calls a triumphant satellite launch.
North Korea parliament renews Kim's leadership - SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea re-elected Kim Jong-il as its supreme military leader at its newly seated parliament on Thursday, marking his return to center stage as the country celebrates what it calls a triumphant satellite launch.
Gud Bliss Mare-kuh (with fist raised in triumphant defiance to the rest of the world)!
Whereas, if they lose more seats, but manage to remain triumphant in the Northeast and West, essentially, their majority would be unchanged.
The grateful townspeople escorted Possenti in triumphant procession back to the seminary, thereafter referring to him as 'The saviour of Isola .
Most of the Russian POWs accepted the prediction that the Bolsheviks would emerge triumphant from the Russian Civil
She bore no resemblance to any one that I had ever known before, and she bore no resemblance to any one that I know now; this woman who descended into the blackest depths of hell, and then demonstrated the marvelous recuperative power of the human soul by emerging triumphant from the depths.
PRESIDENT BROWN, of the Canadian Club, said: Mr. President of the Empire Club, my lords and gentlemen, in the United States and Canada these days we are faced with great difficulties, - difficulties political, industrial and social-but who doubts but that by mutual counsel and assistance we will be able to emerge triumphant from the difficulties?