from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To move (an attached part, for example) with short, quick motions: waggled her foot impatiently.
- intransitive v. To move shakily; wobble: waggled down the steps.
- n. A wobbling motion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To move (something) with short, quick motions; to wobble.
- n. a wobbling motion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A waggling or wagging
- intransitive v. To reel, sway, or move from side to side; to move with a wagging motion; to waddle.
- transitive v. To move frequently one way and the other; to wag.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To move with a wagging motion; sway or move from side to side; wag.
- To cause to wag frequently and with short motions; move first one way and then the other.
- To whip; beat; overcome; get the better of.
- n. A sudden, short movement first to one side and then to the other; a wagging.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. move from side to side
- n. causing to move repeatedly from side to side
- v. move unsteadily or with a weaving or rolling motion
"The waggle is a practice of the takeaway of the backswing,"
JAY: Right because we heard some of the guys who do service San Francisco, the city itself, and they occasionally talk about the occasional person they see, and they do a little limp wrist waggle, which is like, uh, yeah, okay, fine, you know.
Bees exchange fairly detailed information about food sources through an involuntary reflex known as the waggle dance.
EMMA ALBERICI: They do something I heard is called the waggle dance.
"When bees return from a foraging expedition they let the other bees in the colony know where they have been and how good the nectar was by performing what's known as the waggle dance," Barron said.
After that error, though, offensive coordinator Jeff Grady went to Skidmore on the very next play, calling a waggle pass where quarterback Ryan Colburn rolled out and hit Skidmore for a 5-yard gain.
Yeah, a few of us are kinda cynical when it comes to the Wii "waggle," but the addition of Wii motion plus impressed Cesar, Matt, and JayFresh show much after our hands-on time down at Nintendo of America HQ that we just had to share.
While some Nintendo Wii games have smartly used motion controls to create immersive experiences, like Metroid Prime Trilogy, the ocean of shovelware lead to the coining of "waggle," a dismissive word to describe the misuse of motion controls.
Travis Buck has eliminated the bat "waggle" from his swing.
Team Ninja bringing a whole new meaning to the term 'waggle' with SIXAXIS.