from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A flat pocket-sized folding case, usually made of leather, for holding paper money, cards, or photographs; a billfold.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small case, often flat and often made of leather, for keeping money (especially paper money), credit cards, etc.
- n. A person's bank account or assets.
- n. A thick case or folder with plastic sleeves in which compact discs may be stored.
- n. A bag or pouch.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bag or sack for carrying about the person, as a bag for carrying the necessaries for a journey; a knapsack; a beggar's receptacle for charity; a peddler's pack.
- n. A pocketbook for keeping money about the person.
- n. Anything protuberant and swagging.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A long bag with a slit in the middle, and space for the contents at the two ends: a form familiar in silk knitted purses, and revived for larger bags for women's use.
- n. Anything protuberant and swagging. Compare wattle.
- n. A flat bag of leather, with a flap, or a hinged opening with a clasp, at the top: used for tools, etc., or in a small size for carrying coin on the person.
- n. A pocketbook, especially a large one for containing papers, bank-notes laid flat and not folded, and the like.
- n. A small kit carried by anglers.
- n. In heraldry, a bearing representing a scrip. See scrip
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pocket-size case for holding papers and paper money
The term wallet is used because the card or phone is considered a substitute for the cash normally carried in a person's wallet..
Another gun I am considering checking out that seems a little easier on the wallet is the Mossberg Whitetail Lightning combo.
In my wallet is a kind of birthday card presented by the Social Security Administration three months ago when I reached a chronological milestone.
Your and my wallet is the policy holder for the DOT.
Less aggressive toward the wallet is the swank downtown Thorvaldsen Bar, which serves comfort drinks like mojitos.
Appropriate for the upcoming spring blooming season, your wallet is about to get more colorful.
He did just that on Tuesday (January 12) when the 2: 52 PM train from Penn Station completed its run at Huntington (at 3: 59 PM), Pinkham was checking the train when he came across what he described as a wallet that was large and bulky right near the window seat of one of the cars.
Each wallet is made from a single page of an early eighties comic book.
For example, the administrative search of a vehicle when taken to the impound lot after being towed; opening a lost wallet to locate the rightful owner (note, a lost wallet is not abandoned).
Soumen Ganguly of Altman Vilandrie & Co. It seems that a mobile wallet is just around the corner ... again.