from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book of blank pages for notes.
- n. A light, portable computer that is generally thinner than a laptop.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book in which notes or memoranda are written.
- n. notebook computer, a class of laptop computer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book in which notes or memorandums are written.
- n. A book in which notes of hand are registered.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book in which notes or memoranda are or may be entered.
- n. A book in which notes of hand are registered; a bill-book.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small compact portable computer
- n. a book with blank pages for recording notes or memoranda
This extra heat is actually the reason why a lot of manufacturers push the term notebook over laptop - having two massively complex chips running all the time means that the form factor is not ideal to use on one's lap.
Keeping the notebook is also (I think) spurring me to work more efficiently (I must have some progress to report each time!).
This notebook is the last DELL purchase I will ever choose to make or recommend to anyone who is even considering buying any DELL item.
Presumably, this notebook is the one referred to by the Williamses and the Shelley circle as the "Indian Journal."
His portfolio site has a blog section (which he refers to as his notebook) that publishes content that you should definely read.
"The great thing about a pen and paper notebook is that the battery life is awesome ... but the search functionality sucks."
Only when the notebook is folded this way, does a subway map clearly appear.
Moleskin notebook for my analog and Evernote for my digital are my modes right now.
My notebook is filling up with thoughts and ideas.
The battery allows me to run the device for hours between chargings, far longer than my main notebook can run.