from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A book having a flexible paper binding.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A book with flexible binding.
  • adj. Having flexible binding.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. having a flexible binding; -- of books. Contrasted to hardcover or hardbacked or hardbound.
  • n. A book with paper covers; -- contrasted with hardback or hardcover.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a book with paper covers
  • adj. (of books) having a flexible binding


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.