from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A place where animals find water to drink.
- noun A health resort with mineral springs; a spa.
- noun Informal A watering hole.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A place where water may be obtained, as for drinking, for watering cattle, or for supplying ships.
- noun Especially, a place of resort for a particular kind of water, as mineral water; a well, spring, town, etc., famous for its waters; in later use, a bathing-place; a seaside resort; loosely, any summer resort.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a health resort near a spring or at the seaside
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.