from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A piece of glass filling a window or a section of a window.
  • n. A pattern of thin lines forming large squares on a background of a different color.
  • n. Slang LSD.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. a piece of glass filling a window or a section of a window
  • n. A quadruple dose of liquid LSD.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. See Windowpane, in the Vocabulary.
  • n. See pane, n., (3) b.
  • n. A thin, spotted American turbot (Pleuronectes maculatus) remarkable for its translucency. It is not valued as a food fish. Called also spotted turbot, daylight, spotted sand flounder, and water flounder.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. One of the oblong or square plates of glass set in a window-frame.
  • n. The sand-flounder.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
  • n. very thin translucent flounder of the Atlantic coast of North America
  • n. a pane of glass in a window


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.