- n. Separates items in a list.
- n. Separates clauses in a sentence.
- n. Separates coordinate adjectives.
- n. Sets off quoted material that is the grammatical object of an active verb of speaking or writing.
- n. Separates the year in a date.
- n. Separates a region from a geographic place within.
- n. Separates the surname from given name when the traditional order is the reverse.
- n. Separates title from a name.
- n. Marks elision.
- n. Marks a noun or pronoun used independently when speaking to some person, place or thing.
- n. The thousands separator used in some countries.
- n. The decimal separator used in some countries.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘,’.
I am moving my cumbersome catchall to another location, purely because I hate how long it takes my lists to load. I have not the patience to do it all at once, so watch the little darlings dwindle...
For more specific and pretty lists see whichbe's Trinkets, Grant Barret's Unicode Pictures and I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them.
Please let me know.
Looking for tweets for ,.