from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Agricultural Adjustment Administration
- abbr. Amateur Athletic Association
- abbr. antiaircraft artillery
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A standard size of dry cell battery smaller than AA.
- n. The highest level of minor league baseball, often used by extension in other sports to indicate the highest level of minor league play in that sport as well.
- n. A very narrow shoe size.
- n. The highest credit rating given by debt analysis agencies such as Standard & Poor's, Moody's, and A.M. Best.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Access All Areas, Sony music project
- Access Approval Authority
- Accumulated Adjustments Account, in US Federal Income Tax
- Acquisition Approval Authority
- Action Awareness Alert
- Adaptive Array Antenna
- Administration, Authorization, and Authentication, in software security
- Advanced Acoustic Array
- AEGIS Acquisition Agent
- Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mechanics, and Aviation
- Agricultural Adjustment Association
- Air Avenue of Approach
- Airborne Array Aperture
- Airborne Assault Area
- Aircraft Alert Area
- Airport Airspace Analysis
- Allied Artists' Association
- Allocations, Assessments, and Analysis
- Alternate Assembly Area
- Amateur Athletic Association
- American Abstract Artists
- American Academy of Actuaries
- American Accounting Association
- American Ambulance Association
- American Automobile Association
- Angle Angle Angle, a geometric proof
- ANSI Artists of America
- anti-aircraft artillery
- Area Agency on Aging
- Army Audit Agency
- Aromatic Amino Acid
- Arrival and Assembly Area
- Assign Alternate Area
- Astronaut-Actuated Abort
- Attitude, Awareness and Accountability, a ski safety program
- Australian Association of Accountants
- Australian Automobile Association
- Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
- Authorization Accounting Activity
- Authorized Accounting Activity
- Automated Airlift Analysis
- Autoridad de Acueductos y Alcantarillados (Aqueduct and Sewer Authority, Puerto Rico)
- Awaiting Aircraft Availability
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an aneurysm of the abdominal aorta associated with old age and hypertension
Sorry, no etymologies found.
•AAA quest begins: The rugged road to Hershey begins for eight Berks County Class AAA teams Saturday in the 12-team 3-AAA Section IV Tournament at Gov.
It could downgrade the current premium AAA rating (AAA+ highest), which Britain barely maintains currently; as opposed to the mediocre BBB rating which the Greek economic crisis has bestowed on Greek bond rating, which Osborne alluded to.
The five-year bonds, rated Aaa by Moody's and AAA by DBRS Ltd., have a coupon of 3.824 percent.
Westchester's general-obligation bonds are rated Aaa by Moody's and AAA by Standard
RATINGS GAME: Ratings are expressed as letters and symbols, with triple-A - Aaa at Moody's and AAA at Standard & Poor's - the best.
These SIVs were often viewed as very low risk because they invested in AAA if not AAA+ assets.
Mr. Buffett, were there any companies more central to the current financial and economic crisis than Moody's and Standard & Poor's, whose Aaa and AAA ratings given in exchange for high fees enabled the subprime boom?
The rating firms 'individual ratings are Aaa, AAA and AAA, respectively.
Like the EFSF, the EU is rated Aaa by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and AAA by both Standard & Poor's Corp. and Fitch Ratings.
The United States is top rated Aaa by Moodys and AAA by Standard & Poor's and