American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The alphabet. Often used in the plural: learned her ABCs when she was three years old.
- n. The rudiments of reading and writing. Often used in the plural.
- n. The rudiments of a subject. Often used in the plural: taught the ABCs of geometry.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The first three letters of the alphabet; hence, the alphabet.
- n. An a-b-c book; a primer.
- n. UK, rail transport A British alphabetized guidebook for trains and their stations.
- ABC (B), a Belgian car market.
- activity-based costing.
- African Basketball Confederation.
- Airway, breathing, and circulation.
- Alcoholic beverage control.
- already been chewed, as in chewing gum.
- American Book Center.
- American-born Chinese.
- American Broadcasting Company.
- medicine Antigen binding capacity.
- anything but Chardonnay: a backlash against Chardonnay wine, seen as ubiquitous.
- Japan Asahi Broadcasting Corporation.
- Atlanta, Birmingham & Coast Railroad.
- atomic, biological, and chemical.
- Aural brevity code.
- Australian-born Chinese.
- An acrostic for Santo André, São Bernardo do Campo and São Caetano do Sul, satellite cities around the city of São Paulo that form the most important industrial area in the country.
GNU Webster's 1913
- The first three letters of the alphabet, used for the whole alphabet.
- obsolete A primer for teaching the alphabet and first elements of reading.
- The simplest rudiments of any subject.
- n. the elementary stages of any subject (usually plural)
- The first three letters of the Latin alphabet, standing for the whole alphabet (Wiktionary)
“If you want to make further comments or inquiries about the movie, I would recommend going to abc.com and writing Steve McPherson, the head of ABC”
“The new www. abc.net.au/tv now pulls together content from iView, program sites and downloads, with a new Watch Now section, so that you can find exactly the ABC program you want, easily.”
“ABC Australia hungrybeast. abc.net.au Segment link - from ABC site: the page also has extended information about segment.hungrybeast. abc.net.au Mirrored from here: www. youtube.com --- The”
“Storyline: Well basically this is a video aimed at the abc as most of you can tell, and in this video Wilhelmina/Randy etc work for ABC and they are trying to shut down this show!”
“Project for example a Team Project, ABC would be $\ABC in shorthand.”
“The caps lock works fine: once pressed, the next character becomes capitalised and then the abc at the top of the screen becomes ABC.”
“Read more: Steve McPherson Sexual Harassment, Abc, Steve McPherson, Steve McPherson ABC, Media News”
“Read more: Abc, Steve McPherson, Steve McPherson ABC, Media News”
Looking for tweets for ABC.