from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The eastern dialect of Old Iranian, in which the Avesta is written.
- adj. Of or relating to Avestan.
- adj. Or or relating to the Avesta.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An ancient Eastern Old Iranian language that was used to compose the sacred hymns and canon of the Zoroastrian Avesta.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Avesta or Avestan.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Avesta or the language of the Avesta.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to the Avesta.
- n. The language of the Avesta; Zend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ancient Iranian language
- n. the script in which the ancient Persian language of the Avesta is written
- adj. of or pertaining to the Avesta (sacred text of Zoroastrianism)
From Avesta + -an. (Wiktionary)