from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The capital of Australia, in the southeast part of the country. Settled in 1824, it replaced Melbourne as the capital in 1908. Population: 368,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. National capital of Australia, located in the Australian Capital Territory.
- proper n. The Australian government.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The capital city of Australia. Population (2000) = 307,700.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the capital of Australia; located in southeastern Australia
From Ngunnawal "kamberra", meaning meeting place. (Wiktionary)