from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A river rising in northern Nicaragua and flowing about 483 km (300 mi) northeast along the Nicaragua-Honduras border to the Caribbean Sea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See cocoa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name in Argentina of a tree of the rue family, Fagara Coco found in the sierras of the country. It has a powerful penetrating odor and yields a wood of a beautiful light-green color. Also called cochucho.
- n. The nutgrass, Cyperus rotundus. See Cyperus. Also coco-sedge.
- n. In the British West Indies, the taroplant, Caladium Colocasia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tall palm tree bearing coconuts as fruits; widely planted throughout the tropics
Sorry, no etymologies found.