American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A river rising in northern Nicaragua and flowing about 483 km (300 mi) northeast along the Nicaragua-Honduras border to the Caribbean Sea.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name in Argentina of a tree of the rue family, Fagara Coco found in the sierras of the country. It has a powerful penetrating odor and yields a wood of a beautiful light-green color. Also called cochucho.
- n. The nutgrass, Cyperus rotundus. See Cyperus. Also coco-sedge.
- n. In the British West Indies, the taroplant, Caladium Colocasia.
GNU Webster's 1913
- See cocoa.
- n. tall palm tree bearing coconuts as fruits; widely planted throughout the tropics
“But in Spanish we also use the term Coco to mean 'bald', 'crazy' or 'stupid”
“Fresh out in the first years of a new century, she acquired the nickname "Coco," from cocotte a term for a "loose woman".”
“Socialite Esther Silber, who is sometimes referred to as "Coco" or "Esther Coco Silber," has 1,450 friends on Facebook.”
“The botched handoff rocked the TV industry, but less than a year later Team Coco is back at work, giving basic-cable network TBS a proven late-night name — Conan — at 11/10c to compete with Leno and David Letterman, not to mention Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Chelsea Handler and other cable options that have fragmented the after-hours audience in recent years.”
“Coco is a very well made and acted movie while Good Hair might be one of the funniest and educational documentaries of last year.”
“I didn't mean to be dismissive of Good Hair (see my comment below), but I would be lying if I said I had any interest in Coco Before Chanel.”
“Coco is going to be a bumblebee and Courteney is going to be a sunflower.”
“When O'Brien jokingly said that Hanks's popularization of the nickname Coco has ruined the comedian's life, Hanks quipped: "Finally, he'll blame something on someone other than Jay.”
“Age: 70; born Aug. 29, 1936, in Coco Solo in U. S.-controlled Panama Canal Zone.”
“It is here where Chanel earns the nickname Coco and also where she catches the eye of several high society gentlemen who would ignite her passion and become instrumental in the development of her remarkable career.”
‘Coco’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Coco.