from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Elam.
- n. The language of the ancient Elamites, of no known linguistic affiliation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dweller in ancient Elam.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dweller in Flam (or Susiana), an ancient kingdom of Southwestern Asia, afterwards a province of Persia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inhabitant of ancient Elam, a country east of Babylonia, commonly regarded as corresponding nearly to the old province of Susiana in Persia (now Khuzistan).
- Pertaining to Elam or the Elamites.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of an ancient warlike people living in Elam east of Babylonia as early as 3000 BC
- n. an extinct ancient language of unknown affinities; spoken by the Elamites
Elam + -ite (Wiktionary)