American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A daughter of Asclepius and goddess of health.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In classical mythology, the goddess of health, the chief of the daughters of Æsculapius (Asklepios). She is represented as a maiden, fully draped, and usually holding a patera. She frequently has also the long staff or scepter, another attribute of her father, and is commonly accompanied by the Æsculapian serpent, which may be looked upon as an embodiment of the delegated healing power of Apollo.
- n. The 10th planetoid, discovered by De Gasparis, at Naples, in 1849.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Classic Myth.) The goddess of health, daughter of Esculapius.
- n. (Greek mythology) the goddess of health; daughter of Aesculapius and sister of Panacea
“These bottles and nipples are known as the "Hygeia," and have proven to be a great source of comfort to the baby as well as to the mother or nurse whose duty it is to keep them clean.”
“The goddess "Hygeia" dost not figure among their names, nor yet that Byzantine Monarch whose infantile exploit might be re-enacted in ripest maturity without attracting any attention in San Demetrio.”
“There is on the market at the present time a bottle called the "Hygeia," which possesses the necessary qualifications in a perfectly satisfactory way.”
“Slide 26: PMTCT AND MATERNAL CARE TESTIMONIALS Mother and baby "Hygeia" doing well HIV negative baby born to after obstructed labour during child HIV positive parents birth 26”
“According to the press release, Ms. Ashton will continuepracticingmedicine at the Englewood Hospital and Medical Center in Englewood, N.J., and at her private medical practice, Hygeia Gynecology.”
“Good vibes comin' at you for the surgery - may Asclepius and Hygeia intervene so that your surgery is uneventful and your recovery swift.”
“Hygeia herself would have fallen sick under such a regimen; and how much more this poor old nervous victim?”
“I am no worshipper of Hygeia, who was the daughter of that old herb-doctor”
“Those raw boys prancing around on Hygeia would maintain that he's not as good as you because he's got a pot-belly.”
“Look at that crazy crowd on Hygeia, for instance. ”
‘Hygeia’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Hygeia.