from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people formerly inhabiting southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois, with small present-day populations in Kansas, Oklahoma, and northern Mexico.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Algonquian language of the Kickapoo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An Algonquian-speaking Native American tribe.
- n. A member of this tribe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Algonquian language of the Kickapoo
- n. a member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois
Contested; an Anishinaabeg source proposes the meaning stand here and there, in reference to the tribe's migratory patterns. (Wiktionary)