American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- An ancient region and Roman province of the Iberian Peninsula. It corresponded roughly to modern-day Portugal.
- n. ancient Roman province, roughly corresponding to modern Portugal
- n. archaic, poetic Portugal
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An ancient region and Roman province of the Iberian peninsula, corresponding roughly to modern Portugal and parts of Spain.
- n. ancient region and Roman province on the Iberian Peninsula; corresponds roughly to modern Portugal and parts of Spain
- From Latin Lūsītānia. (Wiktionary)
“The business has come through plenty of tough times since Romans planted vines in this patch of their empire they called Lusitania.”
“The Lusitania was the archetype for this by Patrick Lafferty on Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 11: 24: 00 PM”
“You know, attacking the Lusitania was a strategic propaganda act, if you like.”
“The Lusitania was a warship on the list of English auxiliary cruisers and carried armament of twelve strongly mounted guns.”
“The Lusitania was a British auxiliary cruiser, a man-of-war.”
“The fact is that the Lusitania was a British war vessel under orders of the Admiralty to carry a cargo of contraband of war.”
“The sinking of the Lusitania is another demonstration that the present”
“The Lusitania is the turning point in our history.”
“The sinking of the Lusitania was the logical result, not of the war, but of the line in the Kaiser's character which I have been endeavouring to portray -- of the greed, of the desire for something startling and something striking, and the satisfaction of his, blood lust.”
“As a great transatlantic liner, the Lusitania was a product of the race for speed, which was carried on for years among larger steamship companies, particularly of England and Germany.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Lusitania’.
Age of Metternich, Black Legend, Cult of the Supre..., The Civilizing Mi..., The Eastern Question, The Great Patriot..., Absolutism, Act of Supremacy, Active Citizen, Americanization, Anarchism, Annex and 302 more...
Looking for tweets for Lusitania.