from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Luther or his religious teachings and especially to the doctrine of justification by faith alone.
- adj. Of or relating to the branch of the Protestant Church adhering to the views of Luther.
- n. A member of the Lutheran Church.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of the Lutheran church, as opposed to a Catholic church.
- n. A member of any of the Christian churches of which identify with the theology of Martin Luther.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Luther; adhering to the doctrines of Luther or the Lutheran Church.
- n. One who accepts or adheres to the doctrines of Luther or the Lutheran Church.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Martin Luther, the reformer (1483–1546), or to the Evangelical Protestant Church of Germany which bears his name, or to the doctrines taught by Luther or held by the Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- n. A disciple or follower of Luther; one who adheres to the doctrines of Luther; a member of the Lutheran Church.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of the branch of the Protestant Church adhering to the views of Luther
- n. follower of Lutheranism
- adj. of or pertaining to Martin Luther or his teachings
Sorry, no etymologies found.