from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Lycopodiaceae — the club mosses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of mosslike plants, the type of the order Lycopodiaceæ; club moss.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of vascular cryptogamous plants, the type of the order Lycopodiaceæ.
- n. A fine powder consisting of the spores of Lycopodium clavatum and other species, used in pharmacy as a dusting-powder on the skin and on excoriated surfaces, and in other ways.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type and sole genus of the Lycopodiaceae; erect or creeping evergreen plants often used for Christmas decorations
From Ancient Greek λύκος (lukos, "wolf") + πούς (pous, "foot") (Wiktionary)