from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Distribution or arrangement of veins or veinlike markings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An arrangement of veins or veinlike markings
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The formation or disposition of veins; venation; a venous network.
- n. Streaking.
- n. In weaving, a stripe in the cloth formed by a vacancy in the warp.
- n. A kind of needlework in which the veins of a piece of muslin are wrought to a pattern.
Sorry, no etymologies found.