from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Madagascar.
- n. The Austronesian language of the Malagasy.
- adj. Of or relating to Madagascar, the Malagasy, or their language or culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Madagascar or of Malagasy descent.
- proper n. The languages of Madagascar or of the Malagasy people, when considered to be one language.
- proper n. The chief lect of this language or language group.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Madagascar.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Malagasy people.
- adj. Of, pertaining to or in the Malagasy language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native or natives of Madagascar; also (sing.), the language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Madagascar or its inhabitants.
- n. A native of Madagascar; a member of any of the races or tribes inhabiting that island.
- n. The language of Madagascar.
Sorry, no etymologies found.