from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southeast Australia southwest of Canberra. Settled in 1835, it was the seat of the Australian federal government from 1901 to 1927. The Summer Olympics were held here in 1956. Population: 3,590,000.
- A city of east-central Florida on Indian River south of Cocoa Beach. It is a winter resort with varied light industries. Population: 77,000.
- Melbourne, Second Viscount See William Lamb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. State capital of Victoria (Australia).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a resort town in east central Florida
- n. the capital of Victoria state and 2nd largest Australian city; a financial and commercial center
Sorry, no etymologies found.