from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of Mahican.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Either of two indigenous North American tribes, Mahican and Mohegan, and to their Algonquian languages.
- n. A member of either of these tribes.
- n. A hairstyle where both sides are shaved, with the hair in the centre kept long and made to stand on end. (North America: Mohawk)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to the Mohicans or Mohegans.
- n. One of a tribe of American Indians of the Algonkin stock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Algonquian people formerly living in the Hudson valley and eastward to the Housatonic
- n. the Algonquian language spoken by the Mohican
Sorry, no etymologies found.