from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Oxalidaceae — the wood sorrels.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of plants, mostly herbs, with acid-tasting trifoliolate or multifoliolate leaves; -- called also wood sorrel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of ornamental plants, type of the tribe Oxalideæ of the order Geraniaceæ.
- n. [lowercase] A plant of this genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant or flower of the genus Oxalis
From Latin oxălis ("garden sorrel"), from Ancient Greek ὀξαλίς (oxalis) (Wiktionary)