from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A perennial plant (Oxalis tuberosa) of the high Andes, grown for its edible tubers.
- n. The tubers of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Peruvian name for certain species of Oxalis (O. crenata, and O. tuberosa) which bear edible tubers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Peruvian name for certain species of Oxalis (Oxalis crenata, and Oxalis tuberosa) which bear edible tubers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of two plants of the genus Oxalis, O. crenata and O. tuberosa, found in western South America.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers
Spanish, possibly from Quechua oqa.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)