from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A common thermoplastic resin, used in a wide variety of manufactured products, including rainwear, garden hoses, phonograph records, and floor tiles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- polyvinyl chloride
- Premature Ventricular Contraction of the heart.
- permanent virtual circuit
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. irregularity of cardiac rhythm; recurrent occurrences can be a precursor of ventricular fibrillation
- n. a polymer of vinyl chloride used instead of rubber in electric cables
p(oly)v(inyl) c(hloride).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)