Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a secure manner. Without care or thought of evil or danger; with confidence; confidently.
- Without risk or danger; in security; safely: as, to lie securely hidden.
- Firmly; in such a manner as to prevent failure or accident; so that loss, escape, injury, or damage may not result: as, to fasten a thing securely; lashed securely to the rigging.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. In a secure manner; without fear or apprehension; without danger; safely.
- adv. in a secure manner; in a manner free from danger
- adv. in a manner free from fear or risk
- adv. in an invulnerable manner
- adv. in a confident and unselfconscious manner
- secure + -ly (Wiktionary)
“She didn't look at Arrhae, but she had the chill air of one fixing a face and a name securely in the memory.”
“+ On continuous display on the terminal l Reproduced durably on a gummed or other label securely affixed to the copies or to a container used as a permanent receptacle for the copies”
“She didn’t look at Arrhae, but she had the chill air of one fixing a face and a name securely in the memory.”
“Ordinary bikes hang with plenty of space below the rear tire, hanging securely from the hooks.”
“Whether you are a man or woman surfing around and socializing on the web, the choice of doing it safely and securely is yours.”
“With Sen. John McCain securely closing the door on his presidential ambitions, Todd Purdum of Vanity Fair is out with a profile of the man whose 2008 presidential loss has come to define him as bitter and obstinate.”
“So far, the facts remain securely with Richard Colvin, and the sleazy innuendo with Harper's ministers, sympathizers, flacks and shills.”
“Making digital home and home networking components easy to set up and work together securely is one step.”
“Then she fled to her own room, locked herself in securely, and went, very properly, into hysterics.”
“In a few seconds Jael had unbarred the door, let us in, and closed it again securely, mounting guard behind it with something that looked very like my father's pistols, though I would not discredit her among our peaceful society, by positively stating the fact.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘securely’.
Use these and get promoted
Looking for tweets for securely.