American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Punjab or the Punjabi language.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Punjab.
- n. An Indic language spoken in the Punjab.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, descended from the people or culture of the Punjab, or written in the Punjabi language.
- n. The main language spoken in the Punjab region, in Northern India and Eastern Pakistan.
- n. Resident or descendant of or immigrant from the Punjab
- n. A speaker of the Punjabi language
- n. a member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India
- n. the Indic language spoken by most people in Punjab in northwestern India
- From Persian پنج (panj) (five) + آب (āb) (water) = The Land of Five Rivers + Persic adjectival form ی (ī). (Wiktionary)
“I didnt mean punjabi culture thrash BTW. .i meant BW is presenting us thrash in the name of Punjabi culture ..”
“A kafi is a song in Punjabi, which is in the unique style of poets such as Shah Hussain and Baba Bulleh Shah.”
“The Trickling Indus To demonstrate what they call Punjabi oppression, many Sindhis point to the Indus River, which is shared by the two provinces.”
“Notes: Besides its regular English-language broadcast, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation also aired the game in Punjabi, a language of Northern India and Pakistan. ...”
“I did not kill anyone and if I am arrested I will be known as Punjabi the smuggler.”
““I would love to do it all — continue to write and eventually open an acting school in Delhi,” the ambitious actor,who is fluent in Hindi, Punjabi and English,toldBuzzine.”
“Ukravathiyon but in Punjabi it is actually actually a combination of two words sochna-padega. similar to udhar mein jayega.”
“She has lately been learning Punjabi at home for the dubbed Punjabi version of Gurinder Chadha's It's A Wonderful Afterlife.”
“According to S.M. Khan, director general, Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), the North panel is for films in English, Punjabi, Dogri, Urdu, Bhojpuri, Rajasthani and central Indian languages.”
“She has been learning Punjabi at home for the dubbed Punjabi version of Gurinder Chadha's "It's A Wonderful Afterlife".”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Punjabi’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Punjabi.