from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Punjab or the Punjabi language.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Punjab.
- n. An Indic language spoken in the Punjab.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, descended from the people or culture of the Punjab, or written in the Punjabi language.
- proper n. The main language spoken in the Punjab region, in Northern India and Eastern Pakistan.
- n. Resident or descendant of or immigrant from the Punjab
- n. A speaker of the Punjabi language
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India
- n. the Indic language spoken by most people in Punjab in northwestern India
From Persian پنج (panj) (five) + آب (āb) (water) = The Land of Five Rivers + Persic adjectival form ی (ī). (Wiktionary)