from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Punjab or the Punjabi language.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the Punjab.
- n. An Indic language spoken in the Punjab.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, descended from the people or culture of the Punjab, or written in the Punjabi language.
- proper n. The main language spoken in the Punjab region, in Northern India and Eastern Pakistan.
- n. Resident or descendant of or immigrant from the Punjab
- n. A speaker of the Punjabi language
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India
- n. the Indic language spoken by most people in Punjab in northwestern India
"I didnt mean punjabi culture thrash BTW. .i meant BW is presenting us thrash in the name of Punjabi culture .."
A kafi is a song in Punjabi, which is in the unique style of poets such as Shah Hussain and Baba Bulleh Shah.
The Trickling Indus To demonstrate what they call Punjabi oppression, many Sindhis point to the Indus River, which is shared by the two provinces.
Notes: Besides its regular English-language broadcast, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation also aired the game in Punjabi, a language of Northern India and Pakistan. ...
I did not kill anyone and if I am arrested I will be known as Punjabi the smuggler.
“I would love to do it all — continue to write and eventually open an acting school in Delhi,” the ambitious actor,who is fluent in Hindi, Punjabi and English,toldBuzzine.
Ukravathiyon but in Punjabi it is actually actually a combination of two words sochna-padega. similar to udhar mein jayega.
She has lately been learning Punjabi at home for the dubbed Punjabi version of Gurinder Chadha's It's A Wonderful Afterlife.
According to S.M. Khan, director general, Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), the North panel is for films in English, Punjabi, Dogri, Urdu, Bhojpuri, Rajasthani and central Indian languages.
She has been learning Punjabi at home for the dubbed Punjabi version of Gurinder Chadha's "It's A Wonderful Afterlife".
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.