from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southern California northeast of Santa Ana. The navel orange was introduced here in 1873, and the city still has an important citrus industry. Population: 294,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A place name applied to a locality, especially a city, that is situated beside a river.
- proper n. A moniker of anything that becomes associated with such a locality, such as an event, school, or organization.
- proper n. Riverside, California, a U.S. city of over 300,000 people.
- proper n. A district of Cardiff, Wales, located by the River Taff.
Sorry, no etymologies found.