from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- In the Bible, the third son of Adam and Eve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The third son of Adam and Eve.
- proper n. A male given name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. An evil beast-headed god with high square ears and a long snout; his was the brother and murderer of Osiris. Called also Set
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as sith for since.
- n. Same as saith.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. evil Egyptian god with the head of a beast that has high square ears and a long snout; brother and murderer of Osiris
- n. (Old Testament) third son of Adam and Eve; given by God in place of the murdered Abel
From Hebrew שֵׁת (Šet, "chosen one, anointed"). (Wiktionary)