from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Tindal, William See William Tyndale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A petty officer among lascars, or native East Indian sailors; a boatswain's mate; a cockswain.
- n. An attendant on an army.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A native petty officer of lascars, either a corporal or a boatswain. See lascar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English translator and Protestant martyr; his translation of the Bible into English (which later formed the basis for the King James Version) aroused ecclesiastical opposition; he left England in 1524 and was burned at the stake in Antwerp as a heretic (1494-1536)
Sorry, no etymologies found.