from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A district of southern Greater London, England. It is the site of a major annual tennis tournament.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A borough of London
- proper n. The Wimbledon Championships, a prestigious tennis tournament
- proper n. Wimbledon F.C., a former football club that represented the London borough; the club's corporate successor is Milton Keynes Dons.
- proper n. AFC Wimbledon, a football club founded by supporters of the original Wimbledon F.C. as a response to that club's move to Milton Keynes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a suburb of London and the headquarters of the club where annual international tennis championships are played on grass courts
Sorry, no etymologies found.