from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. ex dividend
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A non-standard Roman numeral representing four hundred and ninety (490); CDXC.
- n. An emoticon representing a face expressing hysterical laughter.
- n. Initialism of Experience Design.
- n. Initialism of mixed doubles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contraction of ex div. (which see).
Representation of a laughing face with eyes screwed up (X) and mouth wide open (D). (Wiktionary)