from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short, often boxed auxiliary news story that is printed alongside a longer article and that typically presents additional, contrasting, or late-breaking news.
- n. Law A conference between a judge and the attorneys of a case being tried, held outside of the jury's range of hearing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a short news story printed alongside a larger one
- n. information placed at the side of a webpage
- n. a short conference, between a judge and the attorneys of a case, held outside the jury's hearing; the place where this happens
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (law) a courtroom conference between the lawyers and the judge that is held out of the jury's hearing
- n. a short news story presenting sidelights on a major story
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Wow, you're source code is a big mess: 'p. Anyway, add this to the CSS, and the text in the sidebar should become larger (since they are already wrapped in the #sidebar div in the html code).
This contains all the bits for the sidebar, including the title sidebar-throbber and close button (which i note doesn't have an id, but is the only toolbarbutton object)
For most users, the removal of the sidebar is a good thing.
On the sidebar is a blog roll of southern challengers.
In ie: I see no white background, no body, no comment field – the sidebar is there though.
The HTML5 replacement for what we have commonly thought of as a sidebar is the new aside element, which is meant to hold content such as the nav element.
If the poll on my sidebar is any indication, this issue is far from settled.
The search box in the sidebar is a more effective way to search the un-blog than the engine provided by Blogger.
If the sidebar is the problem area, begin to make small modifications here to fix your problem.
The controls for Opera Unite mostly run out of a pop-in sidebar, allowing you to start, stop, and configure services you want running.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.