from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a Bantu people inhabiting the eastern part of Cape Province, South Africa.
- n. The Nguni language of this people, closely related to Zulu.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of a Bantu people from South Africa, most of whom live in the Eastern Cape.
- proper n. The language of these people; related to Zulu
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Bantu language closely related to Zulu
- n. a community of Negroid people in southern South Africa
- n. a member of the Negroid people of southern South Africa
Sorry, no etymologies found.
She released many of her most famous hits there including “Pata Pata”, “The Click Song” (“Qongqothwane” in Xhosa), and “Malaika”.
Ever want to swear at someone in Xhosa or Romanian?
Culisa = second child of Yerush, Qen and Veida; siba to Bux; apprenticing to be part of a goatkeeping Manage on Yagi; (name means direct in Xhosa)
Speaking in English, Xhosa and, to the amusement of the mainly-Afrikaans crowd of around 5,000, in Afrikaans, Mandela said freedom in South Africa will only gain its full meaning "as we succeed together in overcoming and inequalities of our past and in improving the lives of especially the poor."
Mandela, who spoke in English, Xhosa and Afrikaans, said the history of what was now the Western Cape - like that of the whole country - taught South Africans that freedom was indivisible.
At the end of his speech, attended by the full Cabinet and all party leaders and delivered in English, Xhosa, Tswana and
Commuters will get pamphlets in English, Xhosa, Zulu and
Mandela, South Africa's first black president, Afrikaner university workers in Afrikaans, Xhosa and English.
The Western Cape slot will be called The Cape At Six and will be broadcast in Afrikaans, Xhosa and English.
Ndebele, the R2 coin Xhosa, the R1 coin Afrikaans, the 50 cent coin
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.