from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The Christmas season.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The period of celebration of a pre-Christian festival associated with the (northern) winter solstice, later absorbed into the festival of Christmas.
- n. Christmas season, the period around Christmas, Christmastime.
- n. The period of southern winter, sometimes celebrated in the colder, snowy regions of Australia with allusions to Christmas and snow, originally a marketing gimmick.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Christmas time; Christmastide; the season of Christmas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The time or season of Yule or Christmas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. period extending from Dec. 24 to Jan. 6
Yule + -tide (“period around a holiday”), from Old English tīd ("time") (Wiktionary)