from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing abortion.
- n. A substance or device used to induce abortion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing miscarriage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing abortion: said of drugs and operative procedures.
- n. In medicine, whatever is or may be used to produce abortion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drug (or other chemical agent) that causes abortion
- adj. causing abortion
First attested in 1875. abortion + -facient (“causing an”), from Latin facere ("to make"). (Wiktionary)