from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An adsorbed substance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a substance which has been adsorbed
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being adsorbed or accumulated on a surface of a solid
- n. a material that has been or is capable of being adsorbed
Moreover, the kinetic behavior suggests that the gate-opening process is attributable to condensation of the adsorbate on the surface of the crystal, indicating that surface chemistry, rather than crystal structure analysis, needs to be probed to fully understand the gate-opening process.
- not essential; supplemental; superfluous v. - attract and hold to surface (minute particles of mixture or molecules of gas or liquid). adsorbate, aduncous, aduncate adj. - hook-shaped; crooked. aduncity, adust adj. - (sun) burnt or scorched; dried up by heat; gloomy, sad.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.