Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An additional name or title; a name added to another, as expressive of some act, achievement, etc.; a surname.
- n. Resemblance in sound between one word and another, especially by alliteration; also, the practice of using in close proximity to one another words which resemble each other in sound (see annomination): as, “Scott of Scotstarvet's Staggering State of Scots Statesmen.”
- n. rhetoric A paronomasia, or allusion of one word to another
- n. rhetoric An alliteration.
- n. rhetoric polyptoton.
- n. rhetoric Assigning to a proper name its literal or homophonic meaning.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. rare A surname.
- n. Paronomasia; also, alliteration; annomination.
- From Latin agnominatio. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘agnomination’.
Words that I used to know.
Looking for tweets for agnomination.